Key West Backcountry Safari
Spend a day with nature with our Backcountry Safari Key West Eco tours. Leave port aboard a traditional schooner and sail into the scenic Key West.
- Sail before the wind aboard a 65ft traditional schooner
- Paddle through the narrow canals between mangrove islands
- Snorkel in the clear waters of the backcountry
- Sunbathe on a quiet island
- Relax on deck with free refreshments
If you want to learn more about nature then our Backcountry Safari Key West Eco Tours are the perfect for you. Discover the unique ecosystem that thrives within the mangrove jungles as well as the lively marine population at a nearby reef system. This 6 ½ hour outdoor adventure is sure to keep your senses awake and take all your worries away.
Start your day aboard our well-maintained 65ft traditional style schooner. Share its spacious deck with a small group of adventurers and expect to make new acquaintances. Sail away for almost an hour while our entertaining crew members serve cold beverages and point out the sights. Take in the view of Key West’s coastline and horizon and feel the tropical breeze brush your face as you await your backcountry adventure.
Once you reach the backcountry, our professional guide will assign you a kayak. You can paddle solo or tandem through the narrow canals in between the mangroves. Our kayaks are safe, stable, and very easy to handle even if you are a paddling newbie. Be amazed at the rich tropical avian population that dwells in the thick rows of mangroves. Expect to see kingfishes, herons, ducks, and many more species. Bring a pair of binoculars and a camera to see these birds up close and capture some amazing shots.
After an hour of paddling, it is time to dip into the turquoise waters. While resting, our knowledgeable guide will instruct you on how to properly use our top-of-the-line snorkeling equipment - mask, fins, and flotation vest if you like. Swim through the shallow yet rich waters of the backcountry. There you can find a variety of corals, sponges, and a plethora of marine fishes. Enjoy the colorful underwater show and relax in the warm water of the gulf. Bring your waterproof camera to take photos of your rare finds.
The best way to rest after two exciting water activities is to sunbathe on a quiet, deserted island. Put on some tanning lotion and relax while reading a book or just listening to the sounds of nature. If you have some extra energy, you can join our friendly guide to walk around the island and see some unique tropical plants and animals. On the way to the beach, our crew members will serve you a sumptuous lunch. Feast on some light salad, chicken, tuna, imported cheeses, and bread. Partner these with ice cold beer or wine to help your body cool down from the day in the sun.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 6.5 Hours (approx.)
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- All Equipment and Instruction
- Snorkeling Guided Kayak Tour
- Lunch of chicken, tuna, pasta salads, deli meats and cheeses, artisan breads, and a little something sweet!
- Wetsuits in the Winter Months
- Water and Sodas Unlimited Beer and Wine (after snorkeling)
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call 800.274.1023 to speak with a Key West Expert.