Dolphin Research Center and Florida Keys Tour
In a small group of no more than 13 travelers, embark on a road trip for the day from Key West. Enjoy sightseeing along the Overseas Highway as you are driven about halfway up the keys to explore the natural splendor and historical man-made wonders. Stop along the way at the Dolphin Research Center, Bahia Honda State Park entrance, the National Key Deer Refuge, and more. Learn the history, culture, ecology, and legends of the Florida Keys from your energetic and passionate local tour guide.
• Dolphin Research Center
• 7-Mile Bridge
• Bahia Honda State Park
• National Key Deer Refuge
• Blue Hole
• Bat Tower - R.I.P. September 10, 2017
• Maximum 13 passengers
Depart from Key West at 9am in a comfortable, air-conditioned, 15-passenger van. Travel over 20+ bridges on the Overseas Highway. Your driver is a local guide who will entertain you with stories and facts with a headset microphone to make sure you can hear. Feel free to ask questions and point out wildlife or sights along the way. Bottled water, sodas, and snacks are provided en route.
View the original Seven Mile Bridge as you travel over the modern 7-mile replacement. Once it was the longest bridge in the world, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Next, visit the the Dolphin Research Center, which houses and cares for dolphins that can't survive in the wild. Enjoy an orientation of this working research facility. Watch a feeding, attend a short informational live seminar, or relax in the shade and watch the dolphins swim around.
Enjoy a made-to-order picnic lunch at Bahia Honda State Park, with your choice of sandwiches or tacos.
Walk up the iconic Bahia Honda Bridge and view the luminescent Florida Keys water and Bahia Honda's world-famous beaches.
Stop by the National Key Deer Refuge, where you might get lucky and see wildlife in their natural habitat at the Blue Hole. As we explore the wildlife refuge, we keep a vigilant lookout for the endangered Key Deer, miniature deer that live only on Big Pine Key.
You will arrive back in Key West around 3:30pm.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Alcoholic drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- No collapsible wheelchairs or strollers can be accommodated
- A maximum of 13 people per booking
- If Dolphin Research Center cancels due to hazardous weather, tour will visit the Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters instead
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required; 48-hours notice is required to provide a wheelchair accessible vehicle
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Kim was such a breath of fresh air for a tour guide. She was so accommodating, nice, and a wealth of knowledge. Learning about the history of the area was wonderful. I would highly recommend her and this tour!
We had a lovely day out with Kim. She was punctual, very friendly and informed about our encounters with creatures and the environment.
We had a lovely lunch too.
Thank you for a briliant trip out Kim
Charlie and Lesley
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call 800.274.1023 to speak with a Key West Expert.
Product code: COOL-46648P3