Architecture, Artists, and Entrepreneurs A Private Walking Tour in Old Key West
Experience Key West through the homes of its residents during the days of wrecking and the cigar boom, and through the hearts of composers and writers who lived here in the 20th century. Your private tour will take in the island's early architecture of gingerbread, eye brow, and classical revival styled wooden homes. We'll view where the inhabitants lived, worked, worshipped, and entertained, and hear a few of the island's ghost stories and other sordid tales. We'll examine the sites of former hospitals, dry goods stores, pharmacies, laundries, churches, and "widow's walks" where captain's wives watched in vain for their loved ones to return from doomed voyages at sea. This tour, led by a multi-generational native, will leave you inspired by the fortitude of Key West's people while leisurely strolling through one of its most understated neighborhoods.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: US 1 Mile Marker 0, 490 Whitehead St, Key West, FL 33040-6545
We'll begin our tour at one of the most photographed landmarks in Key West. After pausing for photos, we'll proceed down Fleming Street for a tour of the neighborhood.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 401 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040-6550
After leaving Fleming Street, we will tour the Eaton Street neighborhood. Our tour will end at St. Paul's church.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Mile Marker 0, 501 Whitehead St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 401 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
- Tour fee is per group and includes a guided walking tour. All sites are viewed from the exterior.
- No admission fees are included. Food and drinks, etc., are available for purchase if needed.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call 800.274.1023 to speak with a Key West Expert.
Product code: COOL-113888P4